(School of Innovation & Management Scholarship cum Admission Test)
The SIMSAT will be a 3-tier extensive admission process. The vision of SIMSAT is to create an intellectually challenging, interactive, holistic and inclusive Entrance Exam system to bring the real innovative minds to mould them to future leaders capable of bringing positive change in the world's socio- economic phenomenon.
- Total intake: 120
- 4 batches of 30 students each.
- Scholarship intake: 100
SIMSAT Process :
Application for the SIMSAT (Online) (Limited to the first 1 lakh applicants only) Valid CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT, etc score desirable but neither mandatory nor qualifying.
Preliminary Test : Will be taken On-line 3000 selections
Advance Test (Written) : Will be carried out in all major cities in India 300 selections
Group Discussion, Personality test & presentation round : Will be carried out in Delhi/ Institute Campus. 120 selections Top 100 students will taken on Full/100% Scholarships. Remaining 20 students will be enrolled as Fee-Pay students. Admission only based on merit
Top 100 students will taken on Full/100% Scholarships. Remaining 20 students will be enrolled as Fee-Pay students. Admission only based on merit
Scheme of Examination :
SIMSAT Preliminary Test
All eligible applicants will appear.
|S. No.||SIMSAT Highlights||Details|
|1||Duration of the Test||3 hours|
|2||Total Number of Sections||4|
|3||Total Number of Questions||120|
|4||Marks per question||3|
|5||Negative marking for wrong question||-1|
|S. No.||Section||Number of Questions||Duration in minutes|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||30||50|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||30||50|
The sections will appear in the same order as mentioned in the above table.
- The total duration of SIMSAT will be three hours or 180 minutes.
- Each section is time bound as shown in the table above and candidates are not allowed to move to and fro sections within this duration. However, test takers are free to attempt and answer any question within a particular section in its duration.
- Some questions in each section (Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Verbal and Reading Comprehension) may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen. Also, use of a basic on-screen calculator will be allowed for computation.
- The on-screen timer will mark remaining minutes for the test.
- Three (3) points will be awarded for each correct answer; one (1) point will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- There is no penalty for questions that are left unanswered.
SIMSAT Indicative Syllabus/Pattern :
- Higher Maths
- Reading Comprehension
- English Language (Only qualifying, marks will not be counted for merit)
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Cloze Passage
- Verbal Reasoning
- Facts-Inferences- Judgements
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- Bar Graphs
- Column Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagrams
- Combination of two or more types linked to each other
- Blood Relations
- Number and Letter Series
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
General knowledge questions from current affairs, economy, public policy and environment, etc. will be asked.
SIMSAT Advance :
All who qualify in SIMSAT-Prelim and appear in the top 3000 in the merit list will appear for SIMSAT-Advance.
It will be a comprehensive but inclusive written exam to be held in two sittings (Paper 1 & Paper 2) of 3 hours and 200 marks each in a single day.
The Paper 1 will have specifically designed question sets in Humanities & laws, Generic Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Managment, Commerce & Economics, etc. And the applicants will get one of the sets as per their choice/ educational back-ground. For instance, an economics graduate will get the Commerce & Economics question set and an Engineer will choose for Engineering & Technology
Paper 2 will be same all candidates. It will have 2 parts. The first part will contain essay topics from across the subjects and the candidate will have to write on any two. The second part will explore and understand the thought process/ ideas/future plans or projects of the candidates. The questions could be like; “If you were to bring one specific change in Indian Education system, what it would be? Disuss objectively”,or discuss about you project/research that you are underataking on your own and wish to complete which as per you could be path-breaking catalyst to improve the economy/society, etc.
SIMSAT-Personality Test :
The top 300 SIMSAT-Advance qualified candidates will be called for group discussion and personal interview & presentation.